Wednesday 5 April 2006

The photo-free first ever Bellsblog entry!

Well wouldn't you know it? The first thing you want to do when you start a knitting blog is of course post a picture of something you've made.

Who wouldn't?

But do you think anyone charged the camera battery recently? By anyone I mean ME obviously because I'm the only one who ever uses it.

So, this first post in my knitting blog is photo-free.

But I can describe what I was going to post a picture of, can't I?

I was going to post a picture of that all important accessory, the knitted ipod cosy! I just finished it the other night, courtesy of a pattern I adapted from Stitch n Bitch and I was so proud of it. I made it in double rib from a novelty yarn (which I normally hate using) called Mexican Wave. It's all purples and greens with delightful yellow flecks and it's so cute!

Confession. It's not my first ipod cosy. It's my third. The first two (one for me, one for my husband) were made during a bout of insomnia. I literally didn't sleep a wink all night about a year ago so rather than toss and turn, I knitted ipod cosies and they have served us well in our ipod addiction for a year but the time came for new ones. Why? Because I was bored with the old ones.

Sean is getting a purple one made from left over Jo Sharp tweed which is a bugger to work with on anything big (the shapeless vest I made attests to that) but is nice on small projects.

So, the photos will come of the new ipod cosies. It's amazing how many people say they are the daggiest things they've ever seen. Do I care? Nope. We're the ones with unique covers for our beloved ipods and no scratches!

Bells