Saturday 6 January 2007

it's gonna be a long, slow road

Good morning all.

Here is the steek along jacket so far.

I was up til 1am getting to the stage where I felt I could leave it alone. That means 3 of the pattern rows, including the rotten one where you switch from the smaller needle to the larger one. Let me tell you, I've never been so happy to see the back of needle. 21 rows x 327 stitches on a 2mm needle in 5 ply. ARRGHHH! My fingers may recover in time.

Anyway, photos, here's the whole thing, taken on my lap just now in morning light, so forgive the not so great light in these photos.



I'm gonna have to be careful not to suffer burnout. I'm so obsessed with this project right now that I sat in a movie last night (the Queen, very good) thinking about it.

Here's a close up of my signature in the hem. I'm not happy with it but hey, it's my first and as Julie says, it gets curled under anyway. I'm happy with the hem, not so with the signature. I didn't make the letters rounded and no one at SnB on Thursday night could read it!



It says HCG 07. Someone tell me please that's what it actually looks like?

It's probably hard to tell from the photo but the wool (from Bendigo) is called Silver and it's got a really, really nice slight marbled look to it. It shows up really well in daylight. It's subtle and I love it as a match for the blue.

And here, although there's not much to see yet, is the body of the work as it stands this morning. Not much to see yet. I think it's gonna be a while before there is anything much to see. I'm three rows into a 14 row pattern. Sigh.



I have stuff on today. I don't have all the knitting time in the world. Bugger. Because I'm gonna need it. And I'm back to work on Monday. But I'm not ready to talk about that yet.

Also, just because it's lovely, here's what greeted me in my garden yesterday morning. My very first sunflower for the year. I've grown them before. I love plants that are taller than I am, which is not hard because I'm, shall we say, small of stature. But I love sunflowers.



Happy knitting!

Bells