Thursday 8 March 2007

good stuff and a question about Knitting in public

Good Yarn Karma

The girls over at Good Yarn Karma are doing a fabulous job. Love them to bits. I've now scored a couple of things from contributors to the blog and as soon as they arrive will post them.

i was going to sell the yarn I'm giving away as my contribution but now that I've scored Mason Dixon Knitting, Interweave Knits and Knitticisms from the exchange, i figure I'm much better off.

Very, very good yarn karma!

Harlot Happening in Canberra

Anyone else having a Harlot Happening on March 22nd?

Canberra is. We've had discussions on venue, activities (including *live blogging*) and lucky door prizes. I'm off this afternoon, if a meeting finishes on time (which it might not...grrr...) to discuss a sponsorship opportunity with a LYS.

Anyway, if you're around and unattached to a Harlot Happening on March 22, you MUST come to ours. It will rock. I'm sure of it.

Details are on Taph's blog.

****

Other than that, not much to blog about. I'm starting to miss the Steeked Jacket. It's sitting in a basket by my knitting spot at home, feeling, I'm sure, a little unloved. I'm not out of love with it. I swear. I'm just trying to get my sister's socks done!

A Question

Before I forget, speaking of socks, I am planning on taking my socks-in-progress to a restaurant dinner on Friday night at which there will be mostly women, many of whom I know little or not at all. It's a group of about 15, I suspect. It'll be noisy. I'll be Friday-night-tired. I'll probably have a good time without the knitting, but will probably have a better time if I take it to knit between courses.

Would you knit amongst these people? I almost always take my knitting everywhere with me now and people are getting used to it. But these girls might think I'm a freak.

So, yes or no.

What's the consensus?

Bells

ps how cool is the new Knitty?