Monday 2 April 2007

portrait of a knitter and a scarf

I am reduced, again, to taking self portraits to show of finished objects.

My husband is watching Mythbusters and I want to blog and God forbid anyone should get between him and Mythbusters on a Monday night. It's a bit like me and my Wednesday nights with cooking shows, minus the wine. He's not quite the lush I am and can actually enjoy a night in front of his favourite show without alcoholic accompaniment. The mind boggles.

So, here is the Samurai Knitter scarf I've been working on since the start of the year. Slow, I know, but it was a between other projects work.


I could have just shown it draped across something, but I really think it's better to show scarves actually being worn, otherwise it's hard to really do them justice. I think I took 22 photos this time, a few more than the 13 I took for the Monkey sock on the weekend! Most included more chin than I felt comfortable displaying to the world. I like my chin even less than I like my feet. Sigh.

I also have a new haircut! I'm back to shorter and curlier instead of longer and straighter. Do you know how much time you save in the morning by not straightening your hair? Incredible.

So this scarf is going to its new owner tomorrow morning at breakfast. The birthday girl and I are having breakfast before work. As well as the scarf, I will be giving her a bottle of Merlot.




The poor girl has been wine deprived for however long Lent lasts. It ends this weekend, with Easter, doesn't it? I was raised religious, but not Catholic, so forgive my ignorance. Either way, this bottle ought to help her break the wine-fasting nicely.