Friday 26 December 2008

Boxing Day

Today, we drove 3.5 hours to the coast and back. Long day. But a nice day with all the siblings, partners, parents, grandchildren (one aged four, one unborn) present for the first time in a long time. 

On the way, I worked on my red cardigan which is only a few days old. 

cardigan

We drove through lush, green dairy country.

country

And finally, I was able to present the big, secret Christmas knitting project to my sister and her family.

Hemlock Ring Blanket II

It's my second Hemlock Ring Blanket. Like the first, it's made of Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic 12ply, this time in the Natural Fleck shade. I cast it on on 16 Nov and finished it on 7 December. Not too bad at all really.

Once it was done, that was the biggest burden of my Christmas knitting done. It was gratefully received by Adele, her husband and young Will, who happily posed beneath it for me, despite the heat of today on the coast.

Later, Will was sitting on my lap "knitting". Too cute.

will_knitting

In the afternoon, there was swimming in the pool, lounging about, eating trifle and posing for family photos. Here's mum, with we three girls. That's my youngest sister next to me, who is having a baby in February. A little girl.

girls

And here is all of us. It's so hard not to squint in summer photos. From the back, Adele, Keith, Dad.

Front: Fiona, Me, Mum.

family

So that's Christmas done and dusted. It's been nice but I am relieved to have my leave ahead of me now, with the silly season stuff over and weeks of me time stretching out gloriously into the new year. It'll be hot and there are jobs to do at home, but not every minute of every day. No way.

Next post - Sean's fabulous gifts to me and what I plan to do with them!

Bells