Friday 12 June 2009

Favourite Photo: Laughing at the wedding

I got tagged by Amanda over at BugMum. It's a meme started by Fat Mum Slim.

It's really simple. I love how every photo tells a story. Some short stories, some long tales. I want to know what is your favourite photo of yourself. Everyone has one. The photo they look at and smile. It reminds them of something, some time, some place. A moment in time. So share the photo, share the story and then tag three other people. I want to see photos and stories all around the blogosphere.

So here is mine. It's a photo of a real photo, since we don't have this one electronically.

Laughing wedding photo


Is it cheesy to say that one of your favourite photos of yourself is a wedding photo? Yes, it's the day when we all hopefully looked radiant and wonderful, but they can be kind of artificial too, can't they? We never wanted posed, airbrushed, formal photos and we didn't get them.

Through a photographer friend, we had a well known photo journalist Andrew Campbell as our photographer. He doesn't do weddings per se, but once in a while he does them if the couple and the wedding feel right. Over a beer at Tilleys, he said we felt right and he got the job. Or we got the job. I wasn't sure which. Either way, we were thrilled. Twenty minutes was all it took, up at the Botanic Gardens where we married in 2004.

I love this one because I'm laughing at something Sean said. And he is laughing. My first memory of meeting Sean is that he was laughing when I first saw him. His laugh is big and infectious and he makes me laugh a lot. I like to think this photo sets us up what for what our life is like. No matter what happens, at some point, we find our way back to laughing and I think my face says it all.

I'm not going to tag people because I know far too many bloggers who don't like posting photos of themselves online. But if you'd like to do this, please let me know!

* * *

Tomorrow is going to be a great day, just by the by. It's World Wide Knit in Public Day again and Sean and I will be getting up nice and early to drive to Sydney and have a day out. He'll wander around Sydney while I plant myself with hoards of other knitters at Darling Harbour. Stay tuned for the post-event write up. I'll be wearing my February Lady Sweater so I'll have photos!

Bells