Thursday 17 September 2009

Alice Gets a New Dress

You'll have to forgive the less than stellar quality of these photos. I had my camera with me but left the memory card at home, so no high quality shots were taken at lunch yesterday.

Instead, we have iphone shots which can be good, but only if the lighting is right. At Wagamama in town, it's not so good. It's a good thing my subject was so photogenic!

Alice - new dress1

This is the Little Sister's Dress pattern which I first saw when Olivia made it and then made it again. It's impossible not to fall in love with the simple, pretty design.

new dress 3

The yarn is Pear Tree yarns in 4ply and the colour, a rather vivid pink, is called Gallah, most fitting really when you see it matches almost exactly the colour of the bird it's named after.

New dress 2

I made the six month size which is still quite long for her, and roomy around the arms, so it'll grow with her in a way that means she'll be wearing it like a short tunic or top six - tweleve months from now.

I'd use this yarn again in a heart beat. It's so deliciously soft. It made the dress lovely to work on, even in the fairly boring stocking stitch part which did seem to go on for rather a long time. And she's starting to move around a bit now so I'll be curious to see how this goes in allowing mobility. If it gets worn out around the knees, I don't mind. These things are meant to be worn and loved.

For the first time in months, I have nothing on the needles for Alice. With the weather warming up, it's probably not necessary. But I can start thinking about next year!

Bells