Wednesday 23 September 2009

Rosebuds and Tulips

On the weekend when I saw RoseRed at Berry, she gifted me with some secret socks she'd been working on for my birthday. My birthday was some months ago now but all the best things are worth waiting for and this was in fact part two of my birthday present. That's truly a case of extending the joy, don't you think?

So, here is my gift. They are Rosebud socks and you can read about how RoseRed suffered for her art here. And suffer she did. The yarn got twisted up in the winding process and took four hours to detangle! Is that friendship or what?

Rosebuds

I thought the socks looked lovely against my little bed of yellow tulips, which, as of this moment may no longer exist as it's blowing a gale outside!

Rosebuds and Tulips

The pattern was designed by Aussie knitter and one half of Knitting Inspirations Ann Lim, and the yarn is Handmaiden Casbah which I have never encountered before and which I can tell you is truly gorgeous on my feet.

It's the famed MCN - Merino, Cashmere, Nylon blend. Swoon. Seriously. Luxury sock yarn in the extreme.

And get this - the colour is called Wine. No wonder she thought of me when choosing to knit it up for me!

Rosebuds in shoes

And don't they look cute with my new shoes? They're crocs - who knew you could get Crocs that were so cute?

There was another little something in with this gift but it requires a whole other post. I'll save it for next time.

Bells