Saturday 9 September 2006

Breeze frustration!

The girls at SnB on Tuesday nights told me Creative Knitting magazine was crap. They were right. I'm not willing to concede this jumper is going wrong because of anything I've done. I refuse!

I've just spent a rare quiet afternoon unpicking the side and sleeve seams after screwing that part up (that was my fault). I pressed the edges and spread it all out ready to go.

But!

The sleeves don't fit!

No matter which way I look at it, the sleeve caps are longer than the spaces in the body of the jumper!!!!

(I usually despise the overuse of exclamation marks, but they're warranted here, trust me.)

How am I supposed to fix this? For a jumper that was so easy to knit, it's proving to be a complete bitch to complete.

I will never use a pattern from Creative Knitting again. Stupid, stupid magazine.

I'm putting the Breeze aside and doing something fun for the rest of the afternoon. Right now, scrubbing the kitchen floor with a toothbrush sounds more appealing.

Bells

ps Tried turning the heel of the sock last night. Screwed that up too.