Monday 13 November 2006

the coolest thing!

Thanks to Samurai Knitter and 2paw for the fast replies on how to put the mohair cardigan together. I'll get onto that tonight (am cursing being at work when a thunderstorm is close to hitting and I could be at home finishing the cardigan!). Duh. Of course you start with the shoulder seams. I was not thinking clearly yesterday. I had it all sitting on the floor in front of me and was too brain scrambled to make sense of it all.

In the meantime, the lace collar I was so afraid of (sounds hideous, I know, but it's cute, you'll see) has turned out to be a breeze!

5 stitches across and this tricky bit where you knit four stitches into one the cast them off on the next row and suddenly you have this thing that LOOKS like crochet but isn't! I'm amazed. I keep shoving it in my husband's face saying 'look! It looks like crochet but it's not!' and he does have to admit that yes, it's pretty damn cool. It's a great way to learn how to do lace, working with just five little stitches. I might actually be brave enough to try something more ambitious.

It's really very pretty. I'll post pics tonight.

Bells

ps new blogger is cool. You can do links with shortcut keys now. Love it!