Monday 27 November 2006

settling in to this whole lace thing.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on the scarf in progress, particularly Nora who designed it! I'm glad you approve. :-)

(edited to say: Nora tells me she didn't design it. Just modified it. Well, I think modification of a pattern is still pretty clever!)

Thanks also for the lovely comments re my brother in law. I got through the anniversary OK, as did my sister, I think.

Not a great amount to comment on since the scarf is continuing nicely but, apart from being longer, it doesn't look vastly different to the photo I posted on Saturday. Thanks to the almost unbearably long and drawn out Australian Idol grand final last night (why do they say grand finale??? How freaking pretentious!) I managed to get through about three repeats (remember, it's a 16 row pattern!) Am very, very happy with it and still loving the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I'm gonna get some more of that.

From 18 December, I have three weeks' of leave planned. What, oh what shall i do to occupy my time when it's too hot to be in the garden.?

Inspiration hit thanks to the Samurai Knitter this morning and her fabulous tutorial on dyeing yarn in a crockpot. I think I'm going to give it a go. Why the hell not? I've got some nice white yarn at home, (cleckheaton I think) that isn't slated for any other projects. So I'll give it a go.

In the meantime, it's on with the lace leaf scarf. I think I may now understand why people get so bored with stockinette. No chance of boredom with lace, well not yet anyway. Just enough variation to keep me interested AND I've only had to undo a few rows so far, so it must be working!

Bells