Saturday 3 March 2007

For Polly and Oliver

A dear friend, Polly, had a baby boy this week. His name is Oliver. I just finished these socks for him this morning. Apologies for the blue light. When you wake up at the crack of dawn, finish socks and want to blog them straight away, there's no such thing as good lighting.



And she will also receive the mini lace cable socks I finished last weekend.



They were going to be for my sister but because I'm dumb and made them on the wrong size needles (I'm still not across US vs other needle sizes and if I don't refer to a chart, I'm screwed) they are the right size for Polly with her tiny feet.

So I've cast on a new pair for my sister's birthday present, in the proper size (#2 or 2.75mm) needles. they're so much faster on a bigger size. Not that these ones took forever. Probably 2 weeks, at the most.

Now if I can just get all these socks out of the way, I can get back to the Steeked Jacket. That said, I did just cast on another pair of socks for Oliver this morning in some left over blue and grey sock yarn. Much cooler, I think, than typical baby colours which do bore me somewhat.

Bells