Thursday 19 April 2007

Huge Milestone!

Check it out! I'm up to the armholes on the steeked jacket! There were days I never thought this would happen.


Project stats so far:

6am New Year's Day 07: Began plotting gauge, stitch counts etc (yes I was a bit excited and up early, hangover and all. Just ask Julie. She'll remember).

9:20pm 19 April 07: Reached armholes.

5ply Bendigo Woollen Mills in Silver and Blue (I'd have to check the shade card to be sure of the colour names)
3.75mm Addi Turbo

327 stitches and many, many hours.

And here's the best bit.

I've only found ONE mistake!!!!


After more ripping out than I (or probably Julie) care to remember in the early stages, I have made it this far with literally one little misplaced stitch in the pattern. That'll be easy to fix with a smidge of over-sewing.

So now, I'm officially taking a small break from the jacket, mainly because I only got around to ordering the needles for the sleeves today.

In the week long break, I'll work on getting some gift socks finished and my Mariah cast on.

Life is good.

Bells

ps those who asked for Sean's recipe for his pork rib marinade will be granted your wish in the next day or so. He's very happy to share.