Wednesday 23 May 2007

a crying shame

So this new job thing is not turning out like it should. No one in my area knows I have a blog so i can whine with gay abandon.

A restructure is taking place, as I've said before and in the meantime, there is literally nothing for me to do until the powers that be decide what our future will be.

Yep, nothing to do.

No, i lie. I sent a work related email today. A little one. And that was it. That's the (Howard) Government for you. Senseless.

I no longer care if they see me surfing the net. Other people seem to be doing it too. That's how I'm able to post as regularly as I normally do. I just keep the screen at half size so it's not screamingly obvious.

However, there are plans afoot. A little birdie, in the shape of a fellow knit-blogger, passed on news of a possible job elsewhere in the Department, a long way from where I am now. I won't say who. She might not like being connected with her workplace online - not that I've said where I work, but well, she knows who she is and I'm grateful.

It's all about the networking. As Jejune said to me today, knitters will take over the world one day, and what a glorious day that will be.

Oh and I forgot to mention a sad and premature passing recently.

One of my beloved baby Brittany DPNs, 2.25mm, came to an early demise on Sunday. I worked her hard. She worked solidly, devotedly, on one of Sean's socks for most of Sunday and in the end, it was all too much. She couldn't take it anymore. She snapped.

I'd had her for a month. My life will not be the same without her.

Bells