Monday 21 May 2007

Fame!!

No, not the TV show.

Yesterday a bunch of us went to the Bus Depot Markets which are held weekly. Once a year, they hold a Celebration of Wool day when lots of producers from near and far come to sell their (oh so yummy) goodies.

Sean came along and we met up with Jejune and Othlon who of course, bought Lulu the Latvian Sheep. Pictures are Lulu's exploits are available for all to see right now on Jejune's blog.

Poor Sean. He had not met Lulu before, although he keeps up to date with her activities quite regularly. Lulu was a right little flirt, nuzzling into his neck and generally trying to entice him into all sorts of activities. So he went to get a coffee and left us to it.

In the middle of the frenzy of wool shopping, a wonderful thing happened. We were approached by a woman who identified herself as Gemma from Sydney. She was all excited to be meeting *ahem* famous bloggers. She saw Lulu and picked us straight away. It was lovely to meet another knit blogger whose work you've read and who you feel you know a little bit.

Anyway, the fame has totally gone to my head. If you want to contact me, you'll have to go through my peeps. But that's fame for you. I'll give you all the details of my agent shortly. ;-)

I did actually buy stuff. I wouldn't say I gorged myself, but I did indulge. I have no merino-possum in my collection. Or rather, I didn't until yesterday. I'll have to wait til the weekend and for daylight to post photos.

Sean, quite rightly, asked about the yarn diet. I said a wool festival that comes once a year is one of the exceptions.

Well, duh.

Strangely enough, Sean is of the impression there are more exceptions than rules now. I should really learn to keep my mouth shut!

Bells