Sunday 10 June 2007

post event write-up

Christmas in June went very well, despite the weather being a balmy 22 degrees (71 F). Not exactly the mid winter feast kind of day I'd envisioned. I guess winter is only a week or so in. Sean says to really be a mid winter Christmas, it needs to be AFTER the winter solstice which is still a couple of weeks away.

Nonetheless, it was a wonderful day. The replacement guests, who I'm sure realise I mean no disrespect to their presence here by calling them that, brought presents with them, and wine and we spent a fantastically fun afternoon laughing, eating and drinking ourselves silly.

Then we collapsed in a heap.

Special thanks to Julie for some last minute turkey advice. It worked a treat. You know, whenever I've seen photos of turkeys with little bits of foil covering their leg bones, I've thought it was just for show. Now, I know differently.


I think I might have an early night. Happy long weekend! Tomorrow, I knit. I ripped out the error in the steeked jacket sleeve yesterday, so I have some catching up to do.

Bells

ps interesting to note from the comments how many of the US readers don't like the marshmallow/sweet potato thing. Just goes to show, you shouldn't believe everything you read (ie that ALL Americans love this dish).