Thursday 14 June 2007

a snug day at home

The sore throat developed over night and so when greeted by icy rain and black clouds at some ungodly hour this morning, I felt it best to stay home for the day.

I am now safely tucked up on the couch, having alternately dozed and read The Knitter's Almanac for the morning.

I've been to the supermarket and have supplies (tea, chocolate, throat lozenges, apple juice). I am working on the steeked jacket sleeve and watching (somewhat predictably) Pride and Prejudice.

Oh and for those who were concerned about me drinking red wine and working on the steeked jacket last night, thank you, but I survived quite nicely. It takes more than a couple of glasses of red to put me off my game!

This will probably be my last post for a couple of days. I'm heading off to Sydney on my own on Friday afternoon for my much anticipated annual one day outing with my sister. We're going to the Good Food and Wine show where we shall sample absolutely everything and have a very pleasing day indeed (I seem to be channelling Jane Austen!). Then, rather like Jejune and her recent fast turn around trip to Sydney (check out some great Sydney night time photos on her blog), I'll drive home Saturday evening so that Sean doesn't have to be without the car all weekend and so we can actually spend 24 hours in the same State!

OK, Mr Darcy calls. Sigh.

Bells