Tuesday 18 September 2007

It's Shoesday!

Never one to be left out of some fun, I'm jumping onto RoseRed's bandwagon and celebrating SHOESDAY!

(That's the day after Monday, you know).

So for her second week, RoseRed, who has a shoe collection I can only envy, not emulate, showed us her wedding shoes. So I thought I'd start with mine.

I was also inspired by Amy in Rhode Island. She posted a lovely wedding photo and I wanted to as well.

Sean and I got married in August 2004, after 5 years together. It was my second marriage and neither of us were keen on a traditional white wedding. So we got married on a foggy winter's morning at the National Botanic Gardens and I wore a red dress made for me.


And that is Sean! He finally let me put a photo of him on the blog. He was wearing a matching red waistcoat under his jacket. And we were freezing.

So under all that fabric, I was wearing some little red slippers in the same shade of red. I found them quite by accident not long before the wedding when we had a weekend away on the south coast of New South Wales, in a little tourist town called Mogo. It was a junk shop really. Full of odds and ends, strange trinkets and oddities. I saw the slippers for a mere $24 and seized them at once.

Somewhere there is a photo of me lifting up my dress a little to show my slippers. But do you think I can find it?

Three years on, I wear them around the house now. They are a little worse for wear.

I keep meaning to go back to Mogo and pick up another pair. It's only 2 hours or so from Canberra. I wonder if they still have them?

Next week: purple shoes!