Friday 23 May 2008

All About Me

This is a nice meme I haven't seen before and I was tagged by PrincessPea. She's a relatively new blogger I was put onto by my friend Carol. It's fast become a favourite blog of mine.

It's the Peeps I Want To Know More About meme. Here are my responses.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


1) What was I doing ten years ago?

Exactly ten years ago I was working as a nanny (actually, glorified housekeeper) in a big house in the Cotswolds, England. In a town called Cirencester. I was just days away from quitting and walking away from the horrid, nasty woman who employed me. From there I went back to London for the remainder of the year before returning home.


2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:

As I'm about to leave work on Friday afternoon, all that's left is non-work things!

1. Go home to a house freshly cleaned by someone other than me (my cleaner. Oh the luxury!)

2. Open a bottle of wine.

3. Cook dinner (pasta)

4. Knit my clapotis

5. Watch British Friday night crime.

How good is that list?!

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Cheese. Any variety but the softer and stinkier the better.

Chocolate. The darker the better.

Peanut butter on white bread. Evil stuff.


4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Quit work and find something better to do with my time. Like writing.

2. Travel to Europe and set up temporary home somewhere picturesque.

3. Return to Australia and set up a permanent home somewhere near a big city but not in it, where I would write, knit and garden for the rest of my days with, it has to be said, a fabulous wine cellar.


5) Places I have lived:

We moved a lot when I was a kid. My dad had itchy feet. I've lived in Melbourne, a small mining town in Tasmania (Rosebery); a small town on the New South Wales south coast (Eden) and for thh last 18 years, Canberra. But there was that year in England in 98.

6) Jobs I have had:

Many.

Part-time library assistant. Part-time chemist assistant. Runner on my family's milk run. Part-time novelist. For the last 10 years I've been a Public Servant in many Government departments. Yawn.


7) Peeps I want to know more about:

I just scouted down my blog reader list and came up with these

Louiz

Gemma

Carol

Jess

Em

Sarah

Kim

Right, time for my weekend to begin! Have a good one everyone.

Bells