Wednesday 21 May 2008

It's the little things

I don't know where I read it but recently I came across the notion that if you are always waiting for the big things to make you happy, you're probably not going to be very happy very often.

In need of some cheering up this morning, I scouted for little things that might help. Some days, you just need to do this.

Ladybird miniature pegs from RoseRed's Box of Happy.TM


A keyring from Amy in Rhode Island.


My baby broad beans that finally sprouted. I thought they never would.

My baby thyme. It was the only cutting that survived.

Baby broccoli with tiny droplets of water.

Lovely autumn growth on my hebe

Snapdragon seedlings

And then there's always the knitting and all those tiny, tiny stitches. Even my Clapotis is still a little thing.

If I can't find some happiness amongst these things, there's something wrong.

This button that Amy gave me makes me smile. I pinned it to a small bag that Michelle made for me.
Somedays, you've really got take it where you find it. The little things don't fix everything, but they help.

Bells