Thursday 10 July 2008

FO: Waving Lace Socks

I've got projects flying off the needles at the moment, mainly in an attempt to get through stuff to give me the space work on the Tour De France cardigan. I raced against the clock to finish these at the end of June.

Here are my latest socks!


They are the Waving Lace socks from Interweave Knits Favourite Socks.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces in Pewter. It's one of those yarns that sat in the stash for ages, never quite sure what it wanted to be. It used to bug me a bit, actually. I used to see it and think, damn I have to find something to do with that yarn!

And so I did!

And they fit beautifully. I made them for me and I got the length right. I have finally figured out that with socks, I get lazy or impatient and end them well before I should. Lots of my socks slide down or shift around uncomfortably. Not these ones!

Dead easy pattern, too. I had it memorised by about half way through the first sock - or mostly memorised, anyway.

Bells (who is in Alice Springs but wrote this post before leaving home!)