Thursday 4 September 2008

Snuggly and warm

A couple of days at home, warm when it's cold outside, has really been very nice, even with a bad cold. Who needs to breathe properly in order to watch movies, knit and get in some napping? Not me, although I must say I am enjoying regaining full functionality in my nasal passages!

I've sat in the lounge room, gazing out at the grey world, and focussing on getting better. I rarely get colds and now I've had two in several months. Odd.

The tedious vest from the previous post has benefited from my illness. I completed the full 20cm rib band and promptly tossed it in a bag to stay untouched until we drive to Sydney on Saturday. 

I spent the full five hours of the HBO movie Angels in America getting the banding of the vest done. It was a great way to take in the incredibly complex and astounding feast of this movie without getting caught up in how bored I was by the ribbing.

I then went to work on some socks I've had going for a while and have hardly touched. My Embossed Leaves Socks II. It's my second pair. The first ones I made are amongst my favourites.



Made from Socks that Rock Raven in Valkyrie. It's my first time knitting with STR and it's so nice. Strong, a reasonable weight and not pooling, at least as far as I can see. Nice.

I'm knitting them on my birthday present, which I never got around to mentioning. Sean, being the good, obedient husband he is, contacted Donni who sells Knitpicks locally and ordered a set of Knitpicks Harmony DPNs. 

I love them. They feel strong. I used to break wooden DPNs from time to time. So far, these have proven just fine in my tight-knitting hands!

Bells