Monday 30 March 2009

How to keep your Ipod warm

While in Sydney this past weekend, I presented my sister and her husband with Ipod Socks for their relatively new Ipod Nanos.

A pink one, for Adele.

pink ipod cosy

A blue one for Paul.

blue ipod cosy

They're really snug. To look at them before I handed them over, I was starting to wonder if they would fit at all, but rib really does stretch and the fit was perfect.

ipod cosies

I got the oh so easy pattern from here. I used left over sock yarn. The pink is Lorna's Laces. The blue is Patonyle. Each one took 2-3 hours at most and best of all, I had to remember how to do Judy's Magic Cast on which made these little beauties utterly seamless.

Now I just have to make one for myself. Because I've got a different Ipod Nano though, I'll be using Rosered's pattern. But with Judy's magic cast on because avoiding seams is fantastic.

Bells

ps If you haven't seen it already, there's a beautiful story of a single sock looking for love in all the wrong places (but eventually getting it right) here