Wednesday 1 April 2009

On the first day of April

I mentioned a while ago that I thought, for fun, I'd celebrate my blog's anniversary by posting every day for a month.

Probably to some people that doesn't sound so much like a celebration - more like a slow and cruel form of torture. It's true that daily blogging is something of a challenge. When I did took part in Blogtoberfest last year, there were days when I thought I really couldn't come up with a post again, but I managed it and really enjoyed it.

There's no way I'd attempt it for longer than a month. But for a short burst, it'll be fun. I hope you think so, too!

To kick things off, I'm planning a giveaway. In fact, I'm planning a few giveaways. I've got a small stash of Moggy and Me stitch markers and they are dead cute. Throughout the next few weeks, I'll be giving them away to fellow knitters and crocheters.

In some instances, I'll do a random number draw. In some instances, I'll choose a winner from a selection of subject-specific comments. I'll let you know.

Leave a comment between now and midnight Saturday 4 April and I'll do a random draw for a winner! If you don't knit or crochet, I'll send you something else.

For a parting shot, let me show you some yarn I recently received. I took part in a swap on Ravelry based on favourite colours. My blogless swap partner (who received the two doilies I made) sent me some yarn she dyed herself, in black and red.

black and red

I quite literally can't wait to knit with that. I've had nothing like it in my stash before. What will it knit up like? I must swatch. I absolutely must. Now.

Ok, myabe not right now, because I have to go to Melbourne for the day tomorrow (not happy about that) and I'm not going to go with a grey stripe down the middle of my head so I have to spend some time with a bottle of L'oreal tonight. But soon, my pretty, soon. You will be swatched.

Bells