Wednesday 22 April 2009

Retraction

This ball of dark green Grignasco Tango used to be my Tangled Yoke cardigan. Or rather, the beginning of a Tangled Yoke cardigan.

Wound up Tango

Now she's just a wound up ball of wool, alpaca and viscose. I say 'just' but that's not quite true. She's quite a lovely ball of wool, alpaca and viscose and really I like her very much so it's nothing personal.

For now, she's simply retracting all earlier statements that she ever wanted to be a Tangled Yoke cardigan. In time, I'm sure everyone will forget.

And the reason for this retraction? A couple of friends kindly agreed with me last weekend that the yarn was too dark, too flecky to be something bearing a detailed but delicate cable. The cable would be lost. I heartily agreed and figured I'd found the reason why she'd sat in my workbag untouched for more than a week.

Quite simply, I just knew. Deep down. So now I'm moving on without so much as a backwards glance.

I have a new love.

February Lady Sweater - beginning

February Lady Sweater in Cascade 220. Red, smooshy love, that's what I'm feeling. OK, so she's a viral knit. Half the knitting world has made one, in this yarn. Do I care? No. Not one bit. I think we're going to be very happy.

Bells