Saturday 11 April 2009

A Sea of Darkness

Late this afternoon, quite appropriately for Easter I thought, the sky turned black.

sky

Just now there's the very distant sound of thunder, somewhere out over the ranges I imagine. It's a good night for bunking down in the glow of candles.

candle

Which also suggests it'll be a good night for knitting, but there's one small concern I have about this. Everything I'm knitting right now is either black or very, very dark.

Exhibit A. Myrtle Leaf Shawl.

myrtle

Exhibit B. BlackRose Socks.

blackrose

Exhibit C. Tangled Yoke Cardigan.

tangled yoke

While lovely, none of these really lend themselves to night time knitting.

All the while I've been thinking this, two skeins are calling to me from where they sit decoratively on the coffee table in the centre of my lounge room.

koigu

I think in the interests of ocular-preservation, I really need to cast on something new with this koigu, don't I? It's the kindest thing I could do really.

*scuttles away to go and dig through sock pattern books and locate ball winder*

Bells