Sunday 23 August 2009

Wollongong Weekend

I took no photos on the weekend. I was too busy having a fine time at Kylie's house in Wollongong. However, Sean went out exploring on his own and took a lot of photos so I present a couple of his for a change - taken with his iphone.
Ocean - Wollongong

Looks like he had a very pleasant afternoon down on the rocks!

Wollongong

Meanwhile, Kylie and I were lusting after the sock yarn stash of a friend of hers who came for afternoon tea. Kylie's friend arrived with a suitcase of show and tell stash! Jitterbug, Socks that Rock, Malabrigo - you name it, she probably had it. A sock yarn stash to envy, that's for sure.

I got a little stash enhancement of my own, just two skeins of Blue Moon Fibre Arts Socks that Rock - oh please admire my restraint in both purchasing only two skeins and not having cast on anything yet since getting home this afternoon!

It's called Winter Solstice and I have nothing like it in my stash. Two skeins is enough for a modestly sized triangular shawl. I just need to decide which one now, so I'll think on it a little longer.

Socks that Rock - Winter Solstice

Also, while at Kylie's, under the watchful eye of her friend with the amazing stash, I did my first toe up heel on my pretty stripey socks. Check it out.

First toe up sock - the foot

Now that I've done it, I can't believe I ever felt afraid of it. Fear of trying new things really, really shouldn't get in the way. It has no place in the life of a serious knitter, I say. Just do it!

Bells