Monday 12 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 12: Great Knits Revisited

I was using this tea cosy on the weekend and it struck me that it really deserved a blog post. It was given to me at the end of 2007 and there are readers here who will have never seen it.

Every time I use it, I'm struck by the wonder of it and marvel at the talent of the knitter who made it. Kgirl. I didn't know Kgirl before the swap that resulted in this tea cosy but we are now friends and that's when you know that a swap has gone better than normal, when you end up with a friend out of it.

Floral tea cosy

The pattern is a vintage one - the Floral Knitted Tea Cosy from 1937. It's made from Heirloom Heatherwood and it's quite unspeakably beautiful. It's smooshy and richly coloured and so perfectly put together that I nearly always stop to admire it before slipping it over a tea pot.

Floral tea cosy - top

And do you know how well this keeps my tea pot warm? It's amazing. If I'm making a big pot for myself and lingering over it, I love knowing that I'm not going to get half way and find my tea is tepid.

So thank you, Kylie. You gave me a gift I treasure every single time I use it.

Bells

ps a note about comments. I have turned on moderation for the foreseeable future. Please don't be concerned if you think your comment is not posting. It will show up in due course.