Saturday 17 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 17: A Pink Ribbon Day

Pink Ribbon Day is on October 26th, but as that's a Monday, my friend Polly held her Pink Ribbon/Breast Cancer awareness fundraiser today.

It's a beautiful day today - all Spring sunshine (and hayfever itchy noses!) and so I invited my sister Fee, Alice and Alice's older half sister for a drive out to the country to Polly's house where there were pink balloons adorning the trees down the long driveway and a house full of pink food and pink decorations.

DSCF9221

Young Alice came appropriately dressed.

DSCF9212

There was so much to explore!

DSCF9216

Doesn't the countryside look so green?! We've had such a miraculously wet Spring. Let's hope the summer isn't so dry the landscape is turned into a tinder box.

So that's the first half of Saturday done. I've got loads on for the rest of the day so I thought I'd get today's post out in quick, quiet moment.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Bells