Sunday 25 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 25: Who Will Sing Me Lullabies?

When baby Alice comes to stay and I want to nurse her to sleep, I stumbled a while ago upon the perfect lullaby for her.

In the absence of anything much else to post today, I will share with you all the utterly beautiful song by English folk singer, Kate Rusby.

I've been following her since around 2000, having first heard her on a music program on Radio National. I've been enthralled by female voices forever. Can't ever get enough and Kate's voice is pure and magical all at once.

When I play the song Who Will Sing Me Lullabies, I cradle Alice in my arms and rock her and sing along quietly and sure enough, she nods off. I think she, like her mum and like me, responds well to music. Although her mum tells me that Alice often falls asleep to the Foo Fighters, so you know, she'll be diverse.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Kate. If you ever watched the British comedy Jam and Jersusalem, she's that girl, the one who sings the theme song.



Bells