Thursday 29 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 29: Earbud Pouch

For some time, my lovely husband has been hassling me for asking me for a little pouch he could keep his iphone earbuds in. I actually think he started asking before we got the iphones. But finally, I started one and tonight I sewed on the button.

Earbud Pouch - open

It's just a simple little design I made up as I went along, although kudos to Alison of MachenMachen for a quick sketch one lunch time in a park in the city when I was wondering how I might proceed to the flap part.

Earbud pouch

The yarn is Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett. It's left over from socks I made earlier this year. I've knit it at quite a fine gauge, on 2.25/US1 needles, magic loop.

Sean's really happy with it. However, knowing it's a prototype, he was happy to offer design suggestions, mainly that it was probably a little bigger than it needed to be and I could probably take as much as a finger's width, or about ten stitches off. So I'll play around with it and make one for myself and write up what I did.

I need one fast because I'm sick to death of my earbuds rolling around in my handbag and getting caught up with pens and other stuff that floats around in my bag.

Bells