Tuesday 21 November 2006

my life is about to change!

Because of a book, that is.

Thanks to the Samurai Knitter's reviews of absolutely essential, must have knitting books, I realised, with great shame, that my collection is lacking. Desperately. My main resources are Debbie Stoller's Stitch n Bitch which I loaned to a friend some time ago and Maggie Righetti's Knitting in Plain English. I quite like it but I do find that when she's explained something in a so called simple manner, I'm still confused. So I go to Stitch n Bitch and chances are Debbie Stoller explained it better, with better pictures, and a slightly less dated lay out.

But everything I hear about Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears makes me think that it'll become my bible.

I'm so excited. I'm desperate for it to arrive, along with the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules.

It seems that not only am I one of the few blogging knitters who's never made a clapotis, I also have never read any books by the Yarn Harlot.

This must change.

And as soon as Amazon delivers my much needed (and I mean, really, really needed) package, I'm all set.

Is it bad that I haven't gone back to my mohair cardigan? Do you know it's really hot at the moment. Who wants to touch mohair? I could bring it to work and do it in the air conditioning, but somehow I think that wouldn't go down so well.

So I'm making another lace bookmark for a friend. It's the prettiest one I've made yet. Photos should arrive as soon as it's finished and blocked tonight!

Bells