Saturday 9 December 2006

a little bit excited

By anyon'e standards, 5:30am on a Saturday is a bad time to be awake.

But awake I am because I woke up and all I could think about was blocking this!



Yes, it's officially done. I thought it was finished on Thursday but I decided it still needed another couple of repeats. Unblocked, it's now 136cm. I'm sure it will be longer after that.

It got another couple while we watched (for the second time) the last ever Buffy last night. Not sure it was a good move. Lace and watching Spike die (if you're not a fan, just go with me) is an awful combination. *sob*

Anyway, I digress.

Here is the detail of the scarf



I have seriously loved working on this scarf so much. It's been the most fun I've had with knitting in a long time. I learned something new (lace); I worked in beautiful wool (Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino); it was over in two weeks, long enough to feel substantial, not long enough to drive me nuts.

So thanks again to Nora at Black Dog Knits for the pattern. I'm sure my friend in Brisbane (where it's possibly always too warm for scarves) will love it.

Photos of the blocked finished result to come later today! Off to read Julie's lace blocking tutorial again now for assistance!

God I love knitting blogs!

Bells