Monday 4 December 2006

a new phase in this knitter's journey!

A couple of months ago, when I was going through a bit of a (well, a lot of a) rough patch, a friend gave me a notebook to write down my thoughts. I couldn't face my thoughts so I didn't start the notebook. It's a pretty book. Hard cover, A5 size.

I've carried it around for a couple of months, not having written a word in it.

I bet you can all see where this is heading?

I'm gonna start a knitting note book. Now, I'm not new to writing stuff down when I'm doing, for instance, a v-neck and need to keep track of the arm hole cast off AND the neck line cast off. But i promptly ditch the scrap of paper once it's done and lose all the notes.

I've got a theory. If I put all useful info for a project, from modifications to comments on the yarn or whatever, into the book I'll be able to keep it! Novel idea, huh?

But I'm curious about what other people put in their notebooks, if they have one. How detailed is it? Do you stick your guage swatch in there, write stuff about who the project is for, dates etc? I'm really interested to know!

Oh and thanks so much to Jejune for a fabulous afternoon tea yesterday. I had a wonderful time. And you know the best thing? I think even the most simple little knitting tricks are fantastic. Someone else, like me, was knitting a scarf and I learned that when it starts to get really long, tie it up! My God what a simple lesson. It was worth going just for that alone! Thanks Monica!

If you follow the link to her blog, you'll see pictures of her little sheep puppet, Lulu, being introduced to my sheep knitting bag, BB (short for Baa Baa Blacksheep). They got on famously. I sense a lovely new relationship there!

Bells