Wednesday 20 June 2007

Monkeying around

Could there be a more predictable post heading when I'm going to write about monkey socks?

Check them out. Or rather, check it out.


I've got a reason to plough through these now. Next month there's an exhibition being held by Craft ACT (the ACT stands for Australian Capital Territory, for the far away readers). Info here, if you're interested. It's an exhibition highlighting knitting and knit-blogging and a few of us are getting involved. I had hopes of finishing the steeked jacket in time but as the entry date is 3 July, I think it's frankly unlikely! So, monkey socks it is.

Last night, I finished the back of Mariah.


Seriously, where did that come from? I blinked and it was done!

As a treat for myself, I allowed myself to wind some wool that's waiting in the wings to be used. It's the alpaca that Julie sent me and the blue hand spun that Amy sent me. I spent a lot of time in a training course on Indigenous Cultural Awareness yesterday dreaming about plans for these balls of wool.


Now, it's Wednesday night. I'm off to drink and knit.


But first, if you live in Canberra and ever find yourself looking for a chiropractor, avoid, at all costs a particular chiropractor in Pearce and their sister clinic in Hawker (if you want to know the name, ask me and I'll tell you. I'm just removing the name on advice from a lawyer friend).Trust me. They are a bunch of a dodgy, lying thieves. I won't bore you with the details but today I was forced to have a fight on the phone when trying to get a refund for a product that was incorrectly forced on me. I stood to lose $600. SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS! Do not go there. I didn't get all my money back but I figured the pleasure I would get in telling people to avoid them at all costs was worth something. Spread the word.

Bells