Monday 23 July 2007

I'm almost in!

I've been quietly checking my position in the Ravelry* queue for a couple of weeks now and as of this very morning I'm under 500! At this rate, I'll be in by the end of the week. If you didn't know, you can check your position in the queue here.


You signed up on June 5, 2007
You are #6759 on the list.
441 people are ahead of you in line.
12696 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so far


There are loads of metaphors for this process.

Someone somewhere described the invitation that'll come from Ravelry as a golden ticket. I like that one.

I also think it's a bit like getting into heaven. If you're into that idea, then you know it's going to be great but no one can really tell you what it's like. You have to get there to really know.

And there are so many questions to ask on the journey to Ravelry.

Will it be as good as those who are already there say it is?
Will there be enough time in my already overcrowded life to add hanging out on Ravelry to my list of daily activities?
Will it add anything to my life that I don't already get from blogging?
Will my house be even more untidy once I make it to Ravelry?
Will my husband just go mental at me because he says I already spend far too much time online as it is?
Will I still have time to knit?

I really don't know the answers but I'm gonna check it out. I'm loving the anticipation but then I always have been a bit of a 'chase is better than the kill' sort of girl, which has led to some serious disappointment in life, let me tell you.

Bells

*Don't know what Ravelry is? Maybe you don't want to know. Finding out has been a bit like a virus for me. The desire to get to Ravelry is highly contagious and the symptoms are impossible to cure, once you're infected. Sometimes, it's just better not to know.