Tuesday 27 November 2007

FO: Go with the Flow Socks



You may remember that a couple of weeks ago, I embarked on an Emergency Sock Knitting task. A friend announced she was making a brief visit to Canberra from Perth on Nov 30. I remembered I'd promised her some red socks earlier this year and hadn't come good with the promise. I doubt she remembers even saying she wanted some.

So I got to work quick smart, with just three weeks to go, and voila! We have red socks!

These are the Go With the Flow socks from Interweave's 25 Favourite Socks. The yarn is absolutely scrumptious Cherrytree Hill, in Cherry.

I finished them in just on a fortnight, thanks to some leave I had and a whole bunch of bus and car knitting and a visit to my parents' house. Fabulous pattern. It's shot straight to the list of best sock patterns ever.

The giftee arrives on Friday and they will be handed over with great joy. Can't wait. I love surprises! I just have to hope she doesn't read the blog. I don't think she does. Hey J, if you do, I guess you'll have to fake surprise!

Bells