Saturday 2 February 2008

Move like syrup through the evening

That's how it feels here, moving like syrup. The REM lyric has been on slow rotation in my head this afternoon. Between the heat and a fading migraine, things are a bit dim here today. Grim even. I've got that post-migraine spongey feeling in my skull. Nice.

I do have a couple of things I've been meaning to post so will cover them off in one hit, I think.

First of all, when RoseRed came to stay recently, there was chuckling as I set her up in our fairly unadorned little spare room. We remembered how when she left me in her spare room, there were insinuations the next day that I might have gotten a little intimate with her stash. Well, come on, who wouldn't, given half a chance? Hello? Kid Silk Haze? Hello? Silk-cashmere blends? Yes, that's right. You know you'd all at least consider it. Don't make out you're so different!

I indicated clearly to her that what went on between available stash in my spare room and herself was entirely a private matter.

This is what she did.


These are a couple of disused CD towers we've got in the spare room. Long after she'd left on the Sunday, I found she'd amused herself and, frankly, come up with a very nice idea. Don't know why I never thought of it myself.

Pay It Forward
I signed up for Pay It Forward with Amy from Rhode Island. Sometime in the next twelve months, Amy will send me something handmade. Cool. In return, I will agree to send something handmade to the first three people to put their hands up in the comments. I like the idea of this game. I don't have to sign up to do something big. I might do something big. Or I might not. The only stipulation is that it has to be handmade. Let me know if you want to play.

In the Kitchen


We have loads of plums right now. Rich, dark, plummy plums. The kind that you think of when you say something is plum in colour.



So we made jam. And chilli plum sauce. Last weekend. How much fun is that? I never knew!


We'll be doing it again. No doubt about that. I think we were both pretty happy with the results.

I also have more than a few of these at the moment. Teaspoon pictured for scale. Like it being in my hand doesn't tell you how freaking huge it is.


Honestly, you blink and they grow. But I'll save those for another post.

Steeked Jacket Update
A rather nice milestone was reached a couple of nights ago.


See the needle at the top? It's a 120cm addi turbo. What is significant about this needle?

It's not on the jacket!!!!

Yes, I have so reduced the number of stitches on the jacket that I had to put it on a much shorter needle. This means that I am flying through the rounds much more quickly now. I am homeward bound. It's feeling very, very good.

Make My Day
Last but not least, I have been nominated a few times for the Make My Day blogger award. It's really very nice and it always makes me smile. Don't we all love to know that our ramblings touch, move or amuse somebody? I know I do. I will be doing a post on my own nominations in the next few days but for now, to those who gave me the nod, thanks!

Bells