Friday 15 February 2008

Seven Things

Carol tagged me for the 7 Random Things About Me meme. I seem to recall doing something like it in the deep, dark past of my blog's life. I'm sure I can come up with 7 other random facts. Seems like a fun way to spend a Friday evening.


THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.


1. I don't like to swim in the ocean because of seaweed. It terrifies me.

2. I worked as a nanny in Gloustershire, England in 1998 for a wealthy family in a big country mansion. I had to fry goose eggs for the two little boys in my care every morning on an Aga. The boys rarely ate them and I was always jealous. The job lasted five weeks. I hated it.

3. Later on, I came runner up in a literary competition for the story I wrote based on the five week stint as a nanny. It was called The Comedian's Daughter because the woman I worked for was the daughter of a once famous English comedian.

4. My family almost moved to Canada when I was three. I still like to imagine how I'd speak now if we'd gone.

5. In year 11, I used to preach hellfire and damnation to the tough kids in my maths class. I had a teacher tell me I was the most irritating little so and so she'd ever had the misfortune to teach.

6. I have an almost irrational dislike of Tom Hanks. I can't explain why. He really seems like a decent bloke.

7. I had my first real kiss on Anzac Day 1986. I cried afterwards because it was such a letdown. I dumped the boy by letter a few weeks later.

In the meantime, I tag RoseRed, Amy from Rhode Island, Jejune, Mad Mad Rachel, Quilting Mick, Donna Lee and Em!

So there you go. I hope you are all enlightened! Have a great weekend!

Bells