Wednesday 25 June 2008

It's a little bit exciting!

I've been waiting for this coming weekend so very long. Well, it seems like it anyway. A couple of months can seem like forever when you're waiting for something exciting.

This weekend, RoseRed and I will be joining knitters from Wollongong and surrounding areas at Knitting Camp in Mount Keira!

Yes, that's right. We are going to spend a whole weekend knitting with friends - old friends and friends we haven't met yet. Quite frankly, I can't wait. I'll be getting a train from Canberra at lunch time, switching to a bus at Moss Vale and arriving around 4pm where RoseRed will collect me.

Given the whole public transport thing, luggage might be a bit of an issue. I will not be able to throw every knitting project in an oversized bag in anticipation of finishing them all. I won't be able to take a bundle of yarn for potential new projects 'just in case'.

Or I will, if I wear the same jeans and t-shirt all weekend with just a fresh change of underwear. Actually that's not a bad idea. Who needs extra clothes if it means the knitting will suffer?

And what will Sean be doing while I'm off indulging in a fabulous weekend? His father called a couple of nights ago. He's coming to stay. I believe the agenda includes tidying up the backyard and sorting out the junk piles in the shed. I almost cancelled camp at the thought of missing out on such fun! ;-) Maybe I'll knit them both new beanies at camp as a thank you for doing those jobs in my absence.

Two more sleeps!

Bells