Wednesday 2 July 2008

Mid week good things

Remember when I had the yarn spaghetti? It looked like this:

You may recall a crazy woman called Catherine (and I mean that in the nicest possible way, as my sister would say) offered to untangle it for me. I packaged my beloved Fleece Artist up and sent it off to Catherine who returned it in a matter of days, all nicely wound into a yarn cake with a note that said she really enjoyed doing it. That's crazy talk! But I'm not going to complain.

Especially not when she returned it with this:


Apparently my yarn made a friend while visiting Catherine's house. It's a skein of her own hand dyed - it's just so edible looking, don't you think? Raspberry and chocolate in one. That was most unexpected. I'd sent Catherine a thank you gift and did not expect anything in return other than my untangled yarn! I think the colours are fabulous and I believe Catherine is just starting out with dyeing. She should keep going!!

She also sent a little something extra in the form of seeds. They come in this spiffy little matchbook style.

They are native seeds, for a tree called Calistemon or Bottle Brush. We have one in our garden that's only a few months old. Come spring, I'll be planting some more because we love them. Thank you so much Catherine!

Today is a good day because after work, guess who arrives from Sydney?

Adele and Will are coming to stay en route to our parents' house down the coast and they'll stay again on Saturday on their way back. Two visits in one week. I feel lucky. I've warned them that it's absolutely freezing here and blowing a gale so Willem will definitely need his mittens!

This time next week, I'll be in a warmer part of the country - up north in Alice Springs - for work. But I'll post more about that later.

Bells