Thursday 2 October 2008

Oh My.

My Hemlock Ring Blanket is blocking. I think I'm in love. It's turned out far better than I dared hope.

Here is how it looked when I got home from work.


And here's how it looks now, all pinned out on the lounge room floor. The lighting is bad but you get the idea. I'll do proper photos when it's dry.

Ball of cotton included for scale. It's quite large! I haven't measured it yet. But 7mm needles clearly do the trick.


Isn't the middle part pretty?

The feather and fan part is also quite lovely.


And here is how much I have left of 3 balls of Bendigo wool, at 200g each. I ran pretty close huh? At the point where I decided to cast off, I was in two minds. I thought maybe I could keep going but I just didn't want to risk it. So I quit and did the crochet cast off. Phew. I'd forgotten how hungry crochet stitches are.

I just love this blanket. One week's work. Well, really it was because I was on holidays and could devote hours a day to it, but even so, I still think it's a damn fast project. 

Thank the Knitting Goddess for BrooklynTweed. He's a clever guy. 

I like to think that this officially kicks off my Summer of Lace. Anyone else kicking off yet?

Bells