Sunday 14 December 2008

The Retro-Rib Hand Towel

You can't beat a gift that knits up in a day, can you? Check this out.

handtowel

It's the Retro Rib Hand Towel a new pattern by Sonia, the Peaceful Knitter. It's a lovely pattern, utterly mindless until you hit the hardly challenging decrease section and turned over strap at the top, which I have secured with a handy stunt clip until I can buy a button this week.


It takes 1 skein of Peaches and Cream worsted weight cotton for the main colour, and about one quarter of a ball of the contrast colour on 4.5mm needles. 

I've got another one on the needles as we speak, in dark blue and light blue Lion Brand Cotton. With Christmas literally only just around the corner, I'm needing a few last minute things I can pump out lovingly but quickly. 

Did I say the Christmas knitting was done? 

I did. I think I just meant the big things. At this stage, I'll do anything to avoid going to the shops. Knitting stocking stuffers suits me just fine.

Bells