Thursday 12 June 2008

It's a small world after all....

This morning I got up and checked my email, which is how most days start, but this morning there was some very nice news waiting for me.

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I gave my brother in law stuff to take to Ohio so that he could give it to some nice people who happen to be the in-laws of Samurai Knitter Julie? Well, the meeting happened! Tuesday night, US time. A small part of me always thought it wouldn't, simply because my brother in law is there working hard and I wondered if he would just not have the time in the end.

But he did! Mr and Mrs Julie's In-Laws took him out to dinner, goods were passed on (he's a Yarn Mule!) and Julie and I officially became 2 degrees of separation away from each other!

I love the internet. I always have. Possibly too much, but that's a subject for another post!

In other news, the tangled yarn of death from my previous post is going to be rescued! Catherine, who is from Melbourne and doesn't have a blog, so I can't link to her, has done the unexpected and offered to take the yarn off my hands and return it to me nicely wound into a yarn cake.

Personally, I think she's mad and I can only say that hopefully the job won't be too bad, because Sean and I did spend a ridiculous amount of our public holiday getting it at least half done. So there's up to 50g to sort out, Catherine. Not heaps, but enough! And thank you!

Yet another reason to love the internet, right?

Bells